There are a lot of reasons why people neglect to perform regular car service – time and money being two of them. However, there are also a lot of really good reasons why you should stick to your vehicle manufacturer’s recommended service schedule.
Here are six of them:
- Safety – thousands of car accidents happen every year, not because of bad driving, but because of bad maintenance. Worn brakes, improperly inflated or worn tires, worn wiper blades, or exhaust or gas leaks are easily preventable but can lead to catastrophic accidents. Regular trips to your mechanic will help to identify small problems that could easily became big problems just down the road.
- A well maintained vehicle is a clean vehicle – if you want to reduce your carbon footprint get your vehicle serviced regularly. Making sure that your vehicle is maintained properly will help reduce the emissions that it pumps into the air. It also helps to keep automotive fluids like gasoline, oil, and antifreeze out of the environment. Something as simple as under-inflated tires can cause your car to burn more fuel.
- Small pain now, or big pain later – paying a little now for regular vehicle maintenance can prevent a big, costly repair bill later. A routine check-up for your car will identify the little things that are easy to fix but that could lead to a much more expensive repair later.
- Higher resale value – if you’re the kind of person who buys a car and then drives it until the wheels fall off, resale value might not be an important consideration. However, you’ll probably get many more years of use out of a well maintained vehicle. If you have your vehicle maintained regularly and you have service records to prove it, when the time comes to sell it or trade it in, it will be worth more money. Obviously, a vehicle that has received regular maintenance will be worth more than one that’s been neglected or abused.
- Better performance and reliability – next to your house, your vehicle is probably the biggest purchase you’ll ever make so it just makes sense to take care of it. A vehicle that is well maintained will run and look better longer.
- Fewer roadside emergencies or breakdowns – if you’ve ever been stranded in a parking lot because of a dead battery you can appreciate how frustrating, expensive, and time consuming a simple mechanical problem can be. Regular car service can reveal small problems like a weak battery or a cracked hose before they leave you stranded.
When in doubt, read the Manual
Follow the recommendations in your owner’s manual. If you keep your vehicle long enough to reach the end of the service schedule start again from the beginning. Most important of all, find a mechanic who you trust and let them do all of your car service and repairs.
For award winning service for all makes and models of vehicles, book a service appointment with Kelowna Infiniti Nissan today!